[WikiEN-l] Persistent addition of untrue "facts"

James Farrar james.farrar at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 06:15:18 UTC 2007

Ladies and gents,

I've not come across this in the past, so am unaware how best to deal
with it, so any thoughts, comments and/or advice is gratefully
appreciated!

There's a bit of an edit war developing in [[Stockport County F.C.]]
as one or more individuals (anon, natch!) have made several attempts
to introduce a "fact" that s/he/they believe to be true (and they
actually have a reference for - albeit merely an assertion that is not
backed up) - namely that the said football club's recent 7-2 home
defeat was the first time the club had conceded seven goals in a home
game.

I know this to be untrue because I have a counter-example.

I have now expanded the "Club Records" section to include the
counter-example, and added a hopefully appropriate reference and
commented on the talk page, but what should I do if the false
statement is added again? I'm conscious of the existence of
[[WP:3RR]]...

J.