[WikiEN-l] What can be done to let users fix it themselves?

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Wed Apr 4 19:58:50 UTC 2007

On Tue, 3 Apr 2007 12:12:38 -0700 (PDT), arromdee at rahul.net (Ken
Arromdee) wrote:

>After a post here mentioned it, I went to WP:COI and WP:AUTO.
>These two articles seem to promote the view that you're not supposed to edit
>an article about yourself.
>However, WP:BLP seems to suggest that you can to remove libel or unsourced
>material, and it's a common refrain to complaints about Wikipedia, "why didn't
>you just fix the article yourself?"

A valid criticism.

I boldly added a Nutshell to AUTO:

[ This page in a nutshell: Avoid writing or editing an article about
yourself, other than to correct errors of fact ]

Hopefully that will help move things in the direction of forwards.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG