[WikiEN-l] idea: BLP clean up category

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 09:29:01 UTC 2007

On 04/04/07, charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
<charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> "Denny Colt"

> > How about something like "Living persons clean-up" or some similar wording,
> > which can be used with a variant clean-up template on BLP articles. I.e., if
> > you see one that needs it, but either don't know how, don't have the time
> > to, or whatever reason, can immediately flag an article as Very High
> > Priority for clean-up.

> This is the one case in which we actually want people to make drive-by deletions, and ask questions afterwards. That's one issue. A second is that creating a template that says 'potential libel here, come look' could have a downside.

A template is probably not such a great idea for that reason :-)

There's the BLP Noticeboard, WP:BLPN, which I've found just the place
for not-utterly-urgent cleanup.

Drive-by deletion should be fine, there are 1000 admins who can look
over the deleted article (and erroneous speedies can be reversed
without fuss *if* it isn't actually a problem). I've occasionally
taken an article out and shot it, and listed objections on the deleted
page suggesting interested admins double-check me just in case.

- d.