[WikiEN-l] Thoughts from yesterday for today

Marc Riddell michaeldavid86 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 4 00:52:18 UTC 2007

Folks,

It seemed like a slow evening on the List so I wanted to share this with you
- as relevant today as when it was first written:

³These are the times that try men's souls: The summer soldier and the
sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his
country; but he that stands it Now, deserves the love and thanks of man and
woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this
consolation with us, that the harder the conflict the more glorious the
triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness
only that gives everything its valueŠ ."

                                                    Thomas Paine

VERY sincerely,

Marc Riddell