[WikiEN-l] Original research or common sense inferral?

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Mon Apr 2 23:46:22 UTC 2007

Seraphim Blade wrote:
> One can use editorial judgment regarding how to present sourced
> information coherently and logically without original research.

Quite true, I've never felt otherwise.

But why can this only apply to secondary sources (as you appear to imply
in some of your other postings on this thread) and not also primary
ones? I've done plenty of work on Wikipedia with primary sources that's
required editorial judgment and I can't think of any instances where
it's been disputed.