[WikiEN-l] Copyright question

William Pietri william at scissor.com
Mon Apr 2 22:14:14 UTC 2007

Phil Sandifer wrote:
> The issue becomes how it's being reported, then. Is the list of cars
> being compiled in relation to cars, or in relation to the list-
> makers? If it's the latter, it's much more like FA cup results.

I'm not quite following.

Are you saying that if we are compiling the list rather than them, then
it's more like putting up the game scores?

That makes some sense to me. We don't kick at plot summaries. Or in TV
show episode pages, we list the songs used for shows where music is a
significant element. That seems to be documenting somebody else's
creative work rather than stealing it, which seems legit to me. IANAL,
natch.

William