[WikiEN-l] Lock new article creation for three months

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Mon Apr 2 20:03:32 UTC 2007

"The Cunctator" wrote

> I soundly disagree with you that's the main conclusion from this discussion.

I'm open to other conclusions.

> In fact, looking at your above summary, I might think the proper
> conclusion to draw is that the bureaucratic overhead of contributing
> to Wikipedia has grown out of control.

It probably is harder to be a newbie. But you can still turn up and edit 99.9% of the articles without having an account. It is not plausible to me that there is a solution to compiling the largest repository (of its kind) of human knowledge ever, without some sort of trade-off. 'Open for business' is still hanging there on the door.

Charles