[WikiEN-l] Quote of the day

Stan Shebs stanshebs at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 2 13:32:47 UTC 2007

David Gerard wrote:
> On 02/04/07, MacGyverMagic/Mgm <macgyvermagic at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I don't know what this is called specifically, but it's definitely a logical
>> fallacy.
>>

> Some of the CitiZens on that thread also advocate blatantly violating
> copyright on Wikipedia material and forcing the issue to court - it
> appears more than a few of the people at CZ are primarily motivated by
> the urge to fuck over Wikipedia at any cost, and never mind their own
> quite healthy project. Hopefully they can be reined in by their more
> sensible colleagues.

Heh, apparently IQ isn't among the credentials that CZ looks at. :-)
More than a few corporate lawyers have seen $$$ opportunities in
trashing GNU licenses (personal conversations, sorry no cite), but in
the end thought better of crossing swords with Eben Moglen.

If GFDL is overturned, then people are going to need to license my
material from me directly. Hmm, OK, I'll charge WP 0$/year for the
license because I like them, and CZ $50,000/year because they've
irritated me.

Stan