[WikiEN-l] Copyright question

AvB arie2 at tien.biz
Mon Apr 2 11:47:57 UTC 2007

Probably more logic than law - it looks like a classical deadly embrace
to me: either OR or a copyvio. If there's something  special
about the list, it's the fact that it describes a selection created by
the BBC. In order to get around any copyright issues, one would need to
argue that the BBC did not compile the list, selecting cars one at a time:
compiling the list was an original creation. However, that's where NOR kicks
in and the list needs to be sourced elsewhere. Which then would by a copyvio
again.

Fancruft? You must be a deletionist looking for easy prey then! Shame on
you! (NOT)

AvB