[WikiEN-l] "So fix it." "The next day someone will fix it back."

Phil Sandifer Snowspinner at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 19:41:33 UTC 2007

On Apr 1, 2007, at 2:28 PM, Anthony wrote:

> On 4/1/07, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 01/04/07, Anthony <wikilegal at inbox.org> wrote:
>>
>>> OK, but what about information which I have no idea whether it is
>>> true
>>> or false, such as the paragraph I removed?
>>

>> {{fact}}
>>
> Is this your personal opinion, or policy?  Because I swear I've read
> emails from a certain prominent Wikipedian suggesting otherwise (I'll
> look up the email first, then name him).  And I should point out this
> *is* a biography of a living person we're talking about.

There is nothing even remotely potentially libelous about the
statement that Hofstadter, who writes about artificial intelligence,
had influence in computing. It's not something that should be deleted
wholesale except to disruptively prove a point.

Which is something you of all people should know better than to do.

-Phil