[WikiEN-l] Fairness in Wikipedia

Ron Ritzman ritzman at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 15:41:46 UTC 2007

On 4/1/07, Andrew Gray <shimgray at gmail.com> wrote:

> A clearer-than-it-would-be example: imagine there is a good-faith
> contributor who just causes unbelivable amounts of strife. They mean
> well, they make good-faith contributions, they haven't done anything
> *wrong* per se...

How would you define "good faith" in this context? I would say that if
a contributor continues to do "X" after several good faith "please
don't do X" requests from reasonable people, then that person is no
longer a "good faith contributor" and any of his contributions with
"X" in them are not "good faith contributions".

Therefore, Arbcom is not being "unfair" to such a person by ruling against him.