[WikiEN-l] New proposal: Improving referencing tools and projects

MacGyverMagic/Mgm macgyvermagic at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 15:17:28 UTC 2007

Following the multiple long mailing list discussions about the lack of
references in a large group of articles on Wikipedia, I've launched a
proposal I hope will promote the addition and maintainance of references and
make it easier to find articles to reference in a specific field of interest
to work with. It is an attempt to see if updating the referencing project
can improve the current situation without resorting to more drastic options
like deletion or an article creation lockdown.

I invite you to share any thoughts and additional ideas on the proposal's
talk page
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Improving_referencing_efforts

If any of you has the technical knowledge to set up the programs or bots
I've mentioned in the proposal, please contact me.

--Mgm