[WikiEN-l] Lock new article creation for three months

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Sun Apr 1 14:48:47 UTC 2007

Rich Holton wrote

> How about locking article creation for everyone one day a week? Or one
> day in 5? or 10?

Well, what I'd do would be to write the same articles in my userspace, and add them all to article space the next day. You'd have the same articles, but I'd probably spend less time on various associated checks and redirects. Why would this be an improvement?

It would be better to get some agreed priorities on which kinds of clean-up to target. And to think about solutions for New Pages Patrol, perhaps technically based. At present you basically have to go there and play Space Invadeers with the junk articles? Tagging is somewhat random, and is there there a tag saying "NPP Inspected April 1 2007"?

Charles