[WikiEN-l] Fairness in Wikipedia

Andries Krugers Dagneaux andrieskd at chello.nl
Sun Apr 1 14:06:41 UTC 2007

On Sun, 1 Apr 2007 07:42:46 +0200, "Andries Krugers Dagneaux"
<andrieskd at chello.nl> wrote:

>>One of the working principles of the arbcom is that it
>>does not want to be fair to editors, but to make decisions that will
>>help the project.

>That's up there with "verifiability, not truth".  It does not mitigate
>against the idea that there is a set of principles which enjoy broad
>support, and whose rejection tends to be connected with a short and
>turbulent life on Wikipedia.
>
>Guy (JzG)

That is not what I meant. I was topic-banned by the arbcom though my
edits on that topic ([[Sathya Sai Baba]]) were described as "generally
responsible" and I repeatedly but unsuccessfully requested diffs that
show that I broke Wikipedia policies or made disruptive or activist
edits. When I asked Flonight whether topic-banning in the absence of
such diffs was fair, I was told that the arbcom does not want to be fair
to editors. Charles Matthews endorsed her reasoning in this respect. If
that is the reasoning of the arbcom then I have no intention to be fair
to contributors in Wikipedia.

Andries