[WikiEN-l] Lock new article creation for three months

MacGyverMagic/Mgm macgyvermagic at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 09:23:23 UTC 2007

On 4/1/07, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Be creative. Locking article creation is not.
> --
> Peace & Love,
> Erik

I don't know. I'd certainly call it creative, but as with anything it has
its negative sides.
The ideas you presented are good too, but don't address the fact that with
the constant stream of articles coming in, cleanup efforts aren't scaling.
It takes a LOT more time to properly reference an article than to write an
unsourced new one and if nothing is done to address the difference, cleanup
efforts won't ever have a chance of catching up.

Of course, reaching that point is a pipe dream, but with several thousands
of articles being unsourced or containing dubious statements tagged
(probably a fraction of the real number) and that number going up all the
time, efforts need to be made that help cleanup efforts catch up with
creation efforts.

Mgm