[WikiEN-l] Lock new article creation for three months

SonOfYoungwood at aol.com SonOfYoungwood at aol.com
Sun Apr 1 00:09:45 UTC 2007

In a message dated 3/31/2007 7:07:46 PM Central Daylight Time,
darthvader1219 at gmail.com writes:

On  3/31/07, Phil Sandifer <Snowspinner at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Why don't we lock new article creation in the main namespace entirely
>  for three months? Or six months? Demand that people fix existing
>  articles.

I feel this is a poor idea; some articles might need significant trimming  or
need to be broken up into several subarticles. Also, some articles need to be
 renamed, and so on. And what if an admin decides to delete a bunch of
articles  to be an asshole?