[WikiEN-l] Seth Finkelstein in the Technology Guardian

Steve Summit scs at eskimo.com
Fri Sep 29 13:57:08 UTC 2006

Charles wrote:
> Didn't see anyone mention this article from yesterday,
> http://technology.guardian.co.uk/weekly/story/0,,1882027,00.html
> title, "I'm on Wikipedia, get me out of here", by [[Seth Finkelstein".

Anyone who's at all interested should definitely read through
[[Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Seth_Finkelstein]] from July.
Note in particular how Seth managed to maintain a civil and
reasonable tone even while repeatedly trading the barb "repeating
a fallacious argument does not make it any the less fallacious"
with a remarkably insensitive, rulemongering wikilawyer.
(Note also how little good it did him in the end.)