[WikiEN-l] Seth Finkelstein in the Technology Guardian

Steve Summit scs at eskimo.com
Fri Sep 29 13:43:57 UTC 2006

Charles wrote:
> Didn't see anyone mention this article from yesterday,
> http://technology.guardian.co.uk/weekly/story/0,,1882027,00.html
> title, "I'm on Wikipedia, get me out of here", by [[Seth Finkelstein".

I was struck by Seth's account of how he "strongly argued the
case against myself" at AFD.  I suspect that a biographical
article's subject tends to carry significant but paradoxical
undue weight at AFD, in two contradictory directions.  Subjects
who argue that they are notable and that their articles should be
kept are obviously vain self-promoters, so their articles should
obviously be deleted.  But subjects who argue that their articles
should be deleted are obviously trying to hide something (or, at
least, to unjustly influence the free flow of information), so
their articles should obviously be kept.