[WikiEN-l] How to deal with direct requests for articles?

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Thu Sep 28 14:00:02 UTC 2006

"David Gerard" wrote

> Ideas please?

It's now a little while, and I have other concerns, but I thought _last_ year that a 'how to edit Wikipedia' book would be an excellent idea. (I went as far as getting a proposal turned down by a publisher.)

Still relevant in 2006? Scenario is non-Webbish person (middle aged, middle class) wants a book on how to interact with Wikipedia, with a specific end in view. About as interesting as 'spreadsheets for dummies' type literature, but actually comprehensive as a reference, and _not_ just a bunch of hypertext looking like overgrown rhododendrons.

This at least is one type of answer to DG's phone call issue (I can't tell you it all in five minutes but I can recommend a book); and an admission that however simple the theory, the practice has become demanding.

Charles
Charles