[WikiEN-l] Process wonkery

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Thu Sep 28 09:46:41 UTC 2006

George Herbert wrote:
> I understand those that disagree, but I think the categorical include
> pseudopolicy for schools makes sense.  They're of immense interest to
> most parents, the school system has 72 million odd Americans in it,
> and categorical inclusionism here is not in any way throwing Wikipedia
> into disrepute or threatening our server load or diskspace.

That "immense interest" does not in any way mean that there is actual
verifiable information, nor does it keep us from having a steady stream
of Oh So Very Funny Young Men editing these little gems of nonsense into
still further useless nonsense that good people then have to clean up.

However, I am very sorry to report that I agree with David Gerard, who I
think was not being critical of anyone at all, when he said that
spending a lot of time in school deletion wars is probably not a good
use of any intelligent person's time.  I am very sorry to say it, but
there it is. :)

--Jimbo