[WikiEN-l] blocked for a week for these edits

Bogdan Giusca liste at dapyx.com
Tue Sep 26 11:52:56 UTC 2006

Saturday, May 20, 2006, 5:08:43 PM, Sarah wrote:

> I personally don't mind if it's a positive association, or a very
> interesting one, though again you have to be careful. Pointing out
> that someone is a British Muslim mathematician sounds a bit odd. And
> we wouldn't say a person was a Celtic scientist, so why a Jewish one?

> I prefer to add it only when it's relevant to their bio. For example,
> saying that Freud was a Jewish psychoanalyst would be okay because his
> background in Judaism played a large part in the development of his
> ideas (though the current intro doesn't mention it).

I think we should have categories in fields in which Judaism and
Jewish heritage could have had some influence over their work, for
example, Jewish writers, Jewish comedians and Jewish psychologists,
but NOT Jewish mathematicians, Jewish bankers or Jewish criminals

Yeah, we had lists for the last two:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/List_of_Jewish_bankers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/List_of_Jewish_criminals

But having categories like British Jews or British Muslims seems OK to
me.