[WikiEN-l] Process wonkery

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 19:32:10 UTC 2006

On 9/24/06, Guettarda <guettarda at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/23/06, George Herbert <george.herbert at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Just for reference, we're looking at a worst case roughly 124,000
> > school stubs ( http://nces.ed.gov/programs/digest/d04/tables/dt04_085.asp
> > ) for the US.
>
> Yes, and the US accounts for ~5% of the world population.  Assuming that
> there are 2x as many schools per capita as in the US, that means over a
> million stubs.

We have others floating suggestions of putting a stub in for every
city, town, village, and perhaps hamlet everywhere in the world.
Those are being taken positively and seriously.  I hesitate to guess
how many million stubs that will end up being.

I am not going to extend the schools argument to the whole rest of the
world.  I would assume that other english-speaking nations would want
equal inclusion, (UK, Canada, Australia, NZ, etc).  That's going to
less than double the potential number of school stubs.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com