[WikiEN-l] [Wikipedia-l] [[WP:100K]] - who here writes well in English and another language?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 11:31:45 UTC 2006

On 21/09/06, Andrew Lih <andrew.lih at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to second this - don't relax requirements whatsoever.

Of course, it would make the goal silly to do so. I'm putting
[[WP:100K]] as working to the Featured Article criteria ...

> But don't be afraid to reform the process. The meaning of FA should
> not be to be one of 365 produced each year to show up on the front
> page.

... but am explicitly not assuming the current FA process.

[[WP:100K]] seems to have a nascent process outlined:

1. Check various sources for better-than-average articles. (FA, GA,
A-rated by a project, collaboration-of-the-week, etc.)
2. Rate these per the FAC. I expect FAs and probably GAs will get an
automatic pass to save effort.

An idea I have for step 2 is: no self-nominations. I am *suspecting*
self-nominations are why FA has to explicitly say "don't take it
personally" - they've set up an environment almost designed to make it
personal.

Now then, for the bilinguals ... does translating FAs from one project
to another sound like something that would arouse your interest at
all?

[cc: back to wikien-l]

- d.