[WikiEN-l] I've Kicked the Process Habit

geni geniice at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 14:23:03 UTC 2006

> See, this is the bit you've noticeably failed to convince anyone else
> of the need for.
>
> Let's try asking a different question:
>
> What is the imminent danger to the encyclopedia or its core policies
> of Phil keeping his ops?

If he continues to use them we have an admin acting not as a janitor
but as part of the executive. Users have can have no real idea how he
well use those powers. Thus he will be disruptive. He's already
deleted a load of stuff without giving a reason we could probably do
without that happening again.

Process has a tendency to exist for a reason. If an admin is not
prepared to find out what that reason is then they should not be
ignoring the process because they are very likely to make mistakes.
Wikipedia is not anarchy. and admin who isn't going to bother with
process is out of control of pretty much everyone. An admin who is out
of control is a problem.

--
geni