[WikiEN-l] I've Kicked the Process Habit

Oskar Sigvardsson oskarsigvardsson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 14:54:11 UTC 2006

Actually, geni is actually has it right (well, not about the
de-adminning thing, that's just silly). Look, there are tons and tons
of editors that edit wikipedia everyday and that write fantastic
articles without ever getting into much conflict, including me. I
mean, when was the last time you heard about [[User:Lord Emsworth]]
being critized on AN/I? The man has written 58 featured articles, fer
chrissakes! Why isn't he continually complaining about flawed process
on the mailing list?

Sure, some of wikipedias processes aren't perfact, in fact quite a few
of them are flawed. But you have to realise that the reason you are
burning out so much also has to do with your own behaviour, it's not
just because of evil little process wonks. You have to accept some
blame yourself. As I said, many, many of us don't feel the way you
feel about processes and policy, and we don't get involved in these
issues nearly as often.

I suggest you take geni's advice, and simply start editing a different
part of wikipedia. Find an obscure author or some nice little
wikiproject or something and just write. That's what I meant many a
mails ago when I wrote "Infact, it is how many of us use wikipedia."

As geni said: click edit, write a great article, and press submit.
It's really just that simple.

--Oskar