[WikiEN-l] Citizendium

Kim van der Linde kim at kimvdlinde.com
Tue Sep 19 14:00:12 UTC 2006

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com wrote:

> I do prefer WP, vexing though it may be. I bring this all up because
> if good manners were all there was to it, Sensei's Library would be a
> shining example.

What you describe is a pretty static example. Citizendium could turn out
that way (its a risk with Larry's top-down preference that I think to
see in his other projects), but in that case, I am out of there. For the
rest, the basic structure is not even set up, Larry has some rough
ideas, that's all. But I have been actively thinking about how to set up
a wiki that would do the right job, and I am definitely going to
participate there as I see more options there to get something better
going than at Wikipedia with its inherent anti-expert attitude. If
wikipedia would be willing to make some fundamental changes towards a
more quality oriented goal than to the current process based goals, I
would stay.

In that context, we not even have a content ArbCom filled with open
minded academics and related experts who actually know how to deal with
content disputes, it is conduct based one; maybe we should start a
separate thread about that, because I have some ideas about that.

Kim
--
http://www.kimvdlinde.com