[WikiEN-l] Citizendium

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Tue Sep 19 11:47:33 UTC 2006

"David Gerard" write

> Citizendium will, I suspect, need to attract people who belileve in
> the project and want to help it however they can and do the *really
> boring bits*.

Correct. First-mover advantage can run out.

WP, however, started in a low key way and grown very largely by word-of-mouth up to Siegenthaler. It has not only a 'community', in the sort of nomadic sense you get on the Net, but a bunch of very many people who have an understanding of Community. As in what the job requires in the way of division of labour, and what being a single household also requires. That group is not so easily cherry-picked away by another site, just by offering improvements in working conditions.

We'll see. [[Digital Universe]] says it has 100 articles by now - is that reliable information?

Charles