[WikiEN-l] Citizendium

Kim van der Linde kim at kimvdlinde.com
Mon Sep 18 14:00:13 UTC 2006

stvrtg wrote:
> Or instead, we could try to keep up with growth by implementing some more
> advanced soft controls of our own. The idea of depending on others to
> develop better content and then hoping they provide their content in an
> exportable format is... not a good one.

To be honest, if (BIG IF) Citizendium is going to work and produces
higher quality stuff at a sufficient fast rate, it will only need a
study or two showing that Citizendium is higher quality/more reliable
than Wikipedia to flip everything around. If Wikipedia has to rely on
Citizendium for better quality GFDL texts than that they can produce
themselves, it effectively proves that Wikipedia cannot do what it wants
with its current editing paradigm.

Citizendium has one big advantage, they start from scratch with
editorial control in place, and will get a different community, while if
Wikipedia would like to implement something like that, it has a
community that will revolt against that and has to find ways to overcome
that.

Kim
--
http://www.kimvdlinde.com