[WikiEN-l] Template cruft (was: Libertarian spam)

stvrtg stvrtg at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 06:02:23 UTC 2006

On 9/17/06, Matt Brown <morven at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's a bit disingenuous for Stevertigo to write
> [[Wikipedia:Sidestacking and pinching]] himself, CLAIMING IT TO BE
> POLICY, and then invoke it as policy to try and get his way.

Look, I'm just trying to correct some misguided methods which only result in
making articles unreadable. The only case in which sidestacked templates
works, on even a 20 inch monitor, is with less than 12 point type. Which,
IMHO is way too small for screen. Print, sure, if its within margins, but
not screen.

Put in plain brown wrapper English, unreadability means the experience of
reading Wikipedia has elevated vaccum retention levels. Which, IMHO goes
against our implicit mandate to make the Internet not... do that.

-sv.