[WikiEN-l] Citizendium

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Sun Sep 17 10:48:32 UTC 2006

Kim van der Linde wrote:
> What I do know is that experts have in
> general a short life span at Wikipedia (if they join at all), and that
> is not going to change.

That's not my experience---hundreds, if not thousands, of Wikipedians
are experts in a variety of fields.  I'm a PhD student in one field, and
will presumably still be a Wikipedian when I have my PhD (and am already
an expert in some sub-areas).  I know professors, graduate students,
lawyers, game developers, engineers, and a variety of other
professionals and experts who edit Wikipedia.  In fact I'm often
surprised by how often I recognize the names of Wikipedians from elsewhere.

-Mark