[WikiEN-l] 100, 000 FAs as an achievable goal with a plan (was Contest and quality)

Anthony wikilegal at inbox.org
Thu Sep 14 21:54:33 UTC 2006

On 9/13/06, Andrew Gray <shimgray at gmail.com> wrote:
> Then the next layer of recognition is our trusty Good Articles, which
> at the moment are not quite working as anticipated (1400 articles?).
> We throw this open. Nominally, anyone can nominate and anyone can
> approve a GA; we want to emphasise this fact. Get projects to do it.
> Have ad-hoc committees do it. Have one editor mark some articles as
> candidates, then go to another and say "Can you look over this list
> and see what you agree with?". Bingo, much more throughput, much more
> chance of a good article being recognised as such.

One other way to make this more open is to encourage people to just go
through lists of random articles (or hit "random page") and assign
*all* of them to some class.  I play the "random page" game from time
to time, just hit random page a few times, correct some stuff, add
some references, add {{fact}} or {{unsourced}}, fight with vandal
patrollers who just automatically revert any major change by someone
who isn't logged in, etc.  I'd be willing to add some sort of
class-tagging to the talk page too, though I'd be more willing if it
were easier (is there a {{GA-nominee tag}}?).

Anthony