[WikiEN-l] 100K challenge page up

Rory Stolzenberg rory096 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 22:43:29 UTC 2006

Am I the only one who thinks this is absolutely impossible?  I'm thinking
2,500, and even that's ambitious.  Per WP:100K, each FA requires 50
editing-hours- that's 5,000,000 editing-hours for 100,000 FAs. Dividing that
by 8760 hours in a year, that's over 570 editors working 24/7/365.  More
realistically, we'd have editors working on average maybe 2 hours a day at
most, so multiply that number by 12. That's 6840 editors working 2 hours a
day, 7 days a week for a year, solely on articles that they will make
featured.

2,500 FAs would require only 125,000 hours, when dividing by the hours in a
year it works out to be a bit over 14 editors working 24/7/365 and 168
working 2/7/365 only on creating FAs.