[WikiEN-l] must one be thrust into an edit box upon "empty" category?

Dan Jacobson jidanni at jidanni.org
Sat Sep 16 09:12:25 UTC 2006

On my home Wikimedia1.7 copy, I have this Template:C,

[[Category:{{{1}}}]][{{fullurl:Category:{{{1}}}}} {{{1}}}]

usage example
{{c|486.3875}}|{{c|DCS 072}}

What I really would like to do is have something like the ISBN stuff
in Parser.php, for every time a VHF radio frequency is encountered, so
the user wouldn't have to type in {{c|...}}. I dare not hack
Parser.php as months later upon update my brain will be 1000 km. away...

And I use the fullurl because otherwise the user is given the edit box
whereas on my wiki project, I have a thousand categories with members
but no text that I wish should stay that way.

Any tips on easier implementation?