[WikiEN-l] Wikimedia Board Elections

Stephen Streater sbstreater at mac.com
Sat Sep 16 07:19:34 UTC 2006

On 16 Sep 2006, at 08:01, Jimmy Wales wrote:
> I invite an open discussion here of the candidates.  This is your
> community, speak openly of who you trust and why.

Well, I'll start off then.

One of the candidates I support is Kim Bruning.
He has been willing to honestly engage in a detailed
discussion about "free" on Wikipedia and look into my
suggestions on improving the encyclopaedia with an
open mind. (Some discussions, for example, on your
talk page.)

One of the candidates I do not support is Kelly Martin.
My first experiences of her was her call for my banning
on my RfA based on incorrect premise, followed by
failure to amend this call when given proof of her
misunderstanding. It must be said that my recent
experiences have been more positive though.