[WikiEN-l] I've Kicked the Process Habit

geni geniice at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 01:19:12 UTC 2006

> On 16/09/06, Oskar Sigvardsson <oskarsigvardsson at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > PS. Also remember to cite stuff, that policy isn't one you can just skip
>

> The core policies (NPOV, NOR and V on the content side; AGF and NPA on
> the community side, and I'd add BITE to the community list since the
> numbers seem to say newbies write most of the actual encyclopedia)
> aren't negotiable. Everything else is process, even if it's accepted
> enough to tag policy.

You know the foundation has a lot of explaining to do if that really
is the case.

> You don't memorise every stub tag, do you? Neither do I. Those who
> can't live with inconsistency can fix the inconsistencies afterwards.

Aparently we are meant to be more focusing on expanding existing
articles so this should be an issue.

> You know, I still can't find where it tells me how to close an AFD the
> way AFD likes them closed. The guide for admins doesn't tell me
> either. I looked pretty closely too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Deletion_process#Articles_for_Deletion_page

It's linked to from WP:AFD. Yeah I know it's a pain but it was
designed to a large degree for the convience of the user rather than
of the closer.

--
geni