[WikiEN-l] 100, 000 FAs as an achievable goal with a plan (was Contest and quality)

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 00:20:46 UTC 2006

Oh - and when I speak of 100,000 Featured Articles, I quite definitely
don't mean articles that run the gauntlet of FAC as it presently
stands. I just read all of this page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Featured_article_candidates

That's just from the last month. Note the excellent start, where
someone complaining about the idiocy of the process is told to go away
and learn to write ... and has to point out to the objectors that he'd
just scored a couple of FAs.

Any process that promotes this much bile and vitriol is fundamentally
damaging to Wikipedia's community operation and in need of severe
process-culling for sheer poisonousness.

Perhaps from the Arbitration Committee. If only one of them was the
Featured Articles Director ...

- d.