[WikiEN-l] Commons tag XXX-self (was: Grandmother copyrighted anonymous works)

dmehkeri at swi.com dmehkeri at swi.com
Tue Sep 12 15:42:35 UTC 2006

> So, would something like {{GFDL-self}} be used for this, or is a new
> tag needed? Does Commons have any guidelines on this or is tagging
> images you obviously didn't take yourself {{GFDL-self}} common
> practice? (cc'ing commons-l)

I'm not sure if that is the best tag, but at the same time I wouldn't yell at
you for using {{XXX-self}}. The important thing is not so much that you,
yourself, created the work, but that you, yourself, are entitled to release it
under that license (and you hereby do so). Being the sole creator of the work
is, of course, the most common case.

Dan