[WikiEN-l] Can anything be done about Deletion Review?

Akash Mehta draicone at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 06:33:36 UTC 2006

On 9/11/06, Alphax (Wikipedia email) <alphasigmax at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've now created the proposed policy of
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_Undeletion for your
> perusal.

I'm working on that policy to beef it up a little, it seems the best way. If
we could get a group of people familiar with mediation, deletion policy and
general [[WP:BITE]] to review articles that have been deleted, including a
couple of sysops, then we could set up a decent, effective system for
undeletions (and, in the process, tweak AfD/prod/speedy so that deletions
aren't screwed up in the first place).

I think its also good if we mention something like this in the speedy
notices, and have sysops tell newbies creating non-notable articles about
this process.

It really aces the whole deletion review system. Can we speedy DRV after
this is accepted? :D