[WikiEN-l] Grandmother copyrighted anonymous works

Steve Summit scs at eskimo.com
Sun Sep 10 23:17:04 UTC 2006

David Gerard wrote:
> ... Closest I've come to this is e.g. uploading an image by
> [[:en:User:Arkady Rose]] (my girlfriend) to Commons because she can't
> be bothered creating Yet Another Login. I uploaded it myself and said
> it was by her and put there under copyleft-self (dual GFDL and
> CC-by-sa) with her permission.

And then there's the related case of photographs taken "under
direction" (my camera, my idea, but you held it and pushed the button).
This has a sort of "work for non-hire" feel to it, and I'm sure
it's been discussed at length, too.  I mention it now because I
just came across an amusing example: [[Image:Thisisspinaltap.jpg]].
Summary (by [[User:Brainhell]]): "this is my picture of me getting
a spinal tap".