[WikiEN-l] Example of a user who should have been banned a long time ago

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 12:37:27 UTC 2006

> On 9/9/06, Jimmy Wales <jwales at wikia.com> wrote:

> > gee, if a person gets that many warnings, and doesn't respond, and keeps
> > up the bad behavior, then an indef ban is certainly justified.

> The problem is that normaly they do a load of uploads then go away so
> there is little point in blocking them.

If we're getting a string of these hit and upload burst people, some
checkusering *may* be in order (I don't *know*, but it might be) to
see if they're repeat offenders. Remembering that the recentchanges
table only goes back a limited time (one to four weeks on dev whim and
system resources). So if you have a string of recent hit-and-run anon
uploaders, please leave a list of usernames on WP:RFCU with a note
that I suggested checking for persistent offenders might be in order -
insisting on dropping us in the copyright poo is not nice or suitable
behaviour.

- d.