[WikiEN-l] Example of a user who should have been banned a long time ago

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Sat Sep 9 12:22:46 UTC 2006

Death Phoenix wrote:
> On 9/7/06, Jossi Fresco <jossifresco at mac.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Sep 7, 2006, at 7:58 PM, Jimmy Wales wrote:
>>
>>> Why was this user not banned months ago?
>> It is blocked for 1 month now, and copyvio images being deleted.
>>

> I'm assuming Jimbo knows about the one month block, since he made that block
> himself. Can we construe his post as being a formal request to have him
> permabanned?

No, I was actually just trying to raise the more general issue.  It
looks like what is happening is that bots are warning people repeatedly
but it is not being called to the attention of humans.  I would say,
gee, if a person gets that many warnings, and doesn't respond, and keeps
up the bad behavior, then an indef ban is certainly justified.

The only reason I did not indef ban this user myself is that when I do
that, people end up on the "list of people banned by Jimbo" which is a
sort of special status that I don't like to invoke for the most part.

--Jimbo