[WikiEN-l] Question about "External links"

Akash Mehta draicone at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 00:13:47 UTC 2006

Thats the only problem. We can't AWB every single link in the
database, then AWB it back just for the purpose of a study, which is
why we would have to somehow do it at software parser level for a day
or so. And we could easily host the file on toolserver and handle
redirects / logging from there. I have spare low traffic mysql db
server we could use. Then again, it would be simpler to build the
functionality into the Wikipedia toolbar, and thats a violation of
privacy, so it would have to be optional, and there'd be a clearly
rigged demographic left of those who allowed the logging to take
place...