[WikiEN-l] Example of a user who should have been banned a long time ago

Mark Wagner carnildo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 17:24:47 UTC 2006

On 9/8/06, Anthony <wikilegal at inbox.org> wrote:
> On 9/7/06, Ben McIlwain <cydeweys at gmail.com> wrote:
> > It sounds like OrphanBot may need a slight tweak to keep
> > track of how many unsources images a user is uploading, and then start
> > raising red flags if it exceeds a certain number.
>
> I just wish the bot would stop telling me that the images Ive uploaded
> that dont have a known source (and were released under Sharealike 1.0
> which doesnt require a source) are candidates for deletion.

The Creative Commons Sharealike license might not require attribution
of the author, but Wikipedia requires that the source of the images be
provided so that we can verify the license.  I can add you to
OrphanBot's do-not-notify list, but that will just mean that the
images are deleted without you ever knowing about it.

--
Mark
[[User:Carnildo]]