[WikiEN-l] How does living bio patrol actually work?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 21:37:10 UTC 2006

I get asked this by the press a lot. So I thought I'd come here and
ask how it actually works.

1. What is the actual process?
2. How are new living bios spotted?
3. Who watches edits in them, on what sort of schedule?

And 4. the big one:

Is there anything that can be done to make the living bio patrolling
volunteers' work easier and more efficient? What magical software
features would you like? Is there anything that some as-yet-unwritten
bot software could do to assist?

I'd love to be able to answer "we have a volunteer patrol who look out
for any rubbish going in living biographies. We're not perfect but I
think we do pretty well" and be able to give more detail if they ask
;-)

- d.