[WikiEN-l] Semi-solid evidence that process is in fact dangerous to Wikipedia

geni geniice at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 20:19:46 UTC 2006

> On 05/09/06, Matt Brown <morven at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > It seems that we constantly assume 'Vandal!' in this case.
>

> How do we get across to the CVU that they can't vote amongst
> themselves to dispose of Assume Good Faith? Which is, ahh, a *policy*.
> Telling them they can't has had no effect.

Well of course not because they will just cite WP:IAR. Then they could
go on the argue that policy is descriptive not proscriptive and throw
in the words "common sense" a few times.

Sorry sorry sorry.

On a more serious note you could try telling them why it is a bad idea
and come up with alturnatives.

--
geni