[WikiEN-l] Semi-solid evidence that process is in fact dangerous to Wikipedia

MacGyverMagic/Mgm macgyvermagic at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 09:32:19 UTC 2006

On 9/5/06, Matt Brown <morven at gmail.com> wrote:

> I also bet that if you ranked editors by surviving words in the
> encyclopedia (not project or talk) you might be quite surprised to see
> who ranks high.  People get noticed on Wikipedia for participating in
> project-space, for one reason or another, not for their article
> contribs.

Not so, I primarily know Violetriga for his/her odd-ball yet encyclopedic
article creations.
People with multiple FA's to their name are recognized for it. No doubt will
I know most people for their project edits, but people who spend a lot of
time creating good articles are very much noticed.

> But it is also may not be the best approach for the future, if we are
> really
> > switching to a "quality over quantity" mentality.
>
> Are we?

Yes, it's one of the things Jimmy mentioned at the latest Wikimania.

Mgm