[WikiEN-l] Anons banned from creating articles

Catherine Munro catherine.munro at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 04:00:21 UTC 2006

>>Yeah, he said it doesn't seem to be working, and it's not open. So
>>when is this policy change going to be reverted?
>
>A good question. There seems to be a slight majority in favor of
>repealing that change (if I may be permitted to make a totally
>unscientific and biased estimate) on this list.
>
>That said, I think most are either waiting for the year (and more
>importantly, [[Eternal September|September]]) to end, to turn over a
>fresh lear; or they are waiting for the long promised statistical
>analyses.
>
>~maru

If we do decide to turn it off, perhaps we should decide ahead of time what
statistics we'd like to watch, and collect them for a month or two ahead of
time.  Things like current rate of new article creation, rate of speedy
deletes, average number of people doing new pages patrol per day,
stress-level of new pages patrollers....  ;)

If we do that this time, we'll have some real figures to go by to judge
what the difference is with anon page creation off and on.

Catherine