[WikiEN-l] My irrelevant hatnote disambiguation policy

Oskar Sigvardsson oskarsigvardsson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 05:28:56 UTC 2006

This is absolutely the wrong way to deal with this. If you don't like
to mention something trivial on the first line of a serious article,
simply create a disambiguation page and link to that instead ("...for
other uses see..."). What you did here is a) making the encyclopedia
harder to navigate and b) insulting the writers of the second article.

If several articles have the same name, you disambiguate. It's that
simple. That's why it's called disambiguation, because a search term
can be ambigous.

Absolutely the wrong thing to do.

--Oskar