[WikiEN-l] Anons banned from creating articles

maru dubshinki marudubshinki at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 00:00:49 UTC 2006

On 8/31/06, Anthony <wikilegal at inbox.org> wrote:
> On 8/31/06, maru dubshinki <marudubshinki at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Still want to make this bet?
> > >
> > > Anthony
> >
> > I doubt he does. I'm pretty sure he already said that he's not so
> > enamoured of it now. It'd fit, since banning anons from creating
> > articles is a "hard" restriction, and Jimbo has said he prefers "soft"
> > restrictions, like semi-protection is supposed to be.
> >
> Yeah, he said it doesn't seem to be working, and it's not open. So
> when is this policy change going to be reverted?

A good question. There seems to be a slight majority in favor of
repealing that change (if I may be permitted to make a totally
unscientific and biased estimate) on this list.

That said, I think most are either waiting for the year (and more
importantly, [[Eternal September|September]]) to end, to turn over a
fresh lear; or they are waiting for the long promised statistical
analyses.

~maru