[WikiEN-l] Libel of organisations or just individuals

Simon Blandford simon at bkinfo.net
Tue Oct 31 10:55:09 UTC 2006

Hi Anthony,

Thanks, that's really useful to know.

I guess the next part of the question is if there is any mileage in
following the advice on Wikipedia-Libel and me sending an email to
info-en at wikimedia.org listing all the defamatory statements in an
article that are either untrue or unproven in a court (or whatever level
of proof would normally be required before they can be stated as fact),
I obviously don't want to go down this route if it is just going to
irritate, backfire or be a time-sink to the admins or if the slow
processes of challenging each and every part of the article in the
discussion page one at a time is a more appropriate way forward.

What about allegations against an organisation in the discussion page?
There is stuff on there that is even more extreme.

Thanks,
SimonB